Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The beginning




Fifty-Two weeks in a year.  It seems like a lot, when you look at from the beginning, but the year starts moving swiftly along, picking up speed with each passing week.  Soon enough you find yourself in a whirlwind of a year, wondering where the time has gone.

I want to slow down time, halt it for a moment or two.  I want to treasure the beautiful parts and let go of the rest.  To preserve the special.

This year I will be pulling out my Nikon D3000 once a week to shoot my kids, my family, things that are special to me, my life.  My hope is to slow down time and hold on to as much as I can.

My camera was a gift two years ago.  I am not a photographer by any means.  I have never taken classes of any kind, and at the beginning of this, I don't even own photoshop.  I am currently editing my photos using Picasa and Pic Monkey.  By the end of this project, I hope my photography has improved dramatically.

I also have a problem moving my photos from digital form to... anything else.  There aren't a lot of pictures hanging in my house, but there are thousands on my hard drive.  This year I want to incorporate more of my photography into my life.

Lastly, I am a story teller.  Here you will also find bits and pieces of my life, stories woven into the photography, which will be the main component of this blog.

Thank you for joining me on this photographic journey.  It will be a beautiful one.

Amber Dollison

No comments:

Post a Comment